Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My Girl


My hamster Tawny is my favorite thing I have in the house. I call her Tawny because she's that color. She lives in a colorful cage in my bedroom. Tawny is calm and playful, but she's always tired. She likes to sleep all day. Most hamsters wake up at night, get a snack and start playing, but Tawny gets a snack and goes back to sleep!

Her favorite place to play is in the candle. (I call it "the hut.") You can see it in the picture. She likes going in her exercise ball too, because she likes rolling around. The only thing she does not like is Super Dude's hamster, Sadie. Tawny always wants to come out and fight with her when Super Dude takes her out.

She also likes to nibble on my fingers. One time, I stuck my finger in to the cage and she started nibbling and soon it turned into a bite. So since she bit me, I put her in the exercise ball, spun it around and called it "The Ball of Terror."



What I like to do is play with her in the play place (in a corner of my room). I also put her on my back and chest and it tickles a lot. Tawny is the best pet I've ever had in my life and the most furriest since all I've had is a fish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Glad to see your clear, interesting pictures and hear about your hamster! We'll be seeing her sometimes in the next 40 days, too....Nice write-up! Love, Pianomum, otherwise known as Grandma W.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe this was written by a 9-year-old. It was full of detail, and showed your love for your hamster! Good job.

A fellow writer (and AMiAite) from Atlanta