For writing, we learned about adding details. Here is my rough draft.
This is how my day works. First my mom and I do morning prayer. Then she reads The Trojan War to me. Then we read History. Then my sister reads The Usborne Book of World History. Then I do writing. After that I do math. Then lunch.
After lunch I read Greek myths. After that I do handwriting, then spelling. Then the next thing I do is grammar. And the last thing I do is science.
And here it is with details:
This is how my day works. First my mom and I do morning prayer. Actually, my siblings are all there too. If my two younger siblings get noisy, then we put on a movie for them in the basement. After prayer, we read poetry, do mental math and do yoga. It's good exercise, and it wakes me up. Then she reads aloud to us. We're reading The Trojan War right now. I hated it when Achilles died! Then we read History. Usually it's a chapter from A Child's History of the World. We're on the Romans right now. Then my sister reads The Usborne Book of World History, which I like better. We're on the Romans in it too. Then I do writing. This is one of my writing assignments. After that I do math. First I do Flashmaster, then I do Horizons 2. Then we eat lunch--my favorite part!
After lunch I read to myself. Right now I'm reading D'Aulaire's Book of Greek Myths. It's really fun to read. After that I do handwriting, then spelling. These are pretty easy for me. Then the next thing I do is grammar. This is the first year I've done grammar, and it's pretty easy. The last thing I do is science. Usually, my brother reads the book to me and then we do the workbook pages at the end. And that's the end of my school day.
Time to play! THE BEST PART!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, Bantam 8, good writing! I enjoyed hearing about your day. Your spelling is very good, too! Love, Pianomum
Post a Comment