Monday, September 10, 2007

Discovering a Pharaoh's Tomb

I followed a pitch-black tunnel that led to a large wall with a plaster-covered door in it. I dug the dry plaster out from part of the door. It made a small hole. I peered through the hole and I couldn't see anything.

Then I made the hole bigger. I lit a match and peered through again. This time I saw gold everywhere. Quickly I made the hole big enough for my body. I slipped through it and saw a room full of riches.

On my left were golden chairs with jewels on the back. Next I saw a golden statue of Anubis, the jackal-god, holding a golden spear. On the far wall was a large treasure box covered with golden carvings of the gods. On the right, I saw a small opening into another room. Could it be the tomb of King Mahat II?

I lit another match and entered the chamber. BONK! I should have ducked my head. Ah, there we go. I was in the chamber.

I saw a large golden box, as big as a small room, covered with hieroglyphics and with large doors at one end. It was King Mahat II's tomb!

(The assignment: Describe a room using spatial position as an outline; for example, left to right.)

1 comment:

We are Tommy's Advocates said...

Wow great post! I felt like I was actually in there with you! Good job!