Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Paragraph on The Golden Goblet

My assignment was to write a paragraph in which all the sentences support the topic sentence.

First I brainstormed possible topic sentences:

My favorite part of The Golden Goblet was the ending.

I think The Golden Goblet is the best book I've ever read.

I learned so much about ancient Egypt from reading The Golden Goblet. (This is the one we chose. Mom gave me the idea to organize my ideas by the places Ranofer went.)

Here is my final paragraph:

I learned so much about ancient Egypt from reading The Golden Goblet. In the beginning, when Ranofer worked in a goldsmith's shop, I learned how they made many objects out of gold. Then I learned about stonecutting, when Ranofer had to work for Gebu. When Ranofer went home, I learned what the City of the Dead was like. I learned about the marsh by the Nile River and how it floods once a year because Ranofer, Hequet and the Ancient always met there. I could just see the Valley of the Kings when Ranofer followed Gebu there. Then I learned how tomb robbers built underground passages to get to the pyramids. I felt like I went with Ranofer into the burial chamber where Gebu was stealing treasures from the tomb. Then I discovered what a pharaoh's palace was like, because Ranofer went there to tell the queen that her parents' tomb was being robbed. I learned so much about ancient Egypt from traveling with Ranofer!

1 comment:

We are Tommy's Advocates said...

Great job! Good organization. Your Mom is right - it's easy to write a paragraph once you have brainstormed and written some down some ideas.